How do I apply?
Applications for our Centre for Advanced Training and Associate Auditions for September 2023 entry are now closed. For late submissions please contact email@example.com
Our next auditions will be held in March 2024 with applications opening late December 2023.
To be eligible for the Associate programme or the Centre for Advanced Training (CAT), at the time of audition you need to be in Year 4 or above at school, going into academic years 5-11 in the September you would start your training.
Year 4 students auditioning for CAT will be auditioning for the CAT Foundation.
The Centre for Advanced Training is a non-residential training for pre-vocational students. You must be attending school in the UK to be eligible. For more information click here.
Associate classes run weekly in term times. For more information click here.
There is an administration charge of £30 per person and you may be assessed for one or both programmes for this fee.
CAT Audition Fee Waiver
The Academy of Northern Ballet's Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) programme aims to support talented children and young people from all backgrounds to access our training. To Apply for an Audition Fee waiver, please complete the audition application form below, you will be directed to apply for the waiver once you have submitted your application.
- Our waiver works on a means tested basis that follows the CAT grant income brackets set by the Department of Education.
- This waiver is available to students applying for our CAT programme (this can be in conjunction with associates).
- Families on a combined household income of £31,481 or less will be eligible for the fee waiver.
- Parents may be asked to supply evidence of their income to support their application
- The deadline to apply for a few waiver is 3 February. You will be notified if you have been successful by 10 February.
What happens after I apply for a waiver?
- Waiver requests will be reviewed by the Academy team on a rolling basis. If successful, applicants will be notified and no fee will be required on application.
- There are a limited number of waivers available. These will be offered on a rolling basis with the deadline of 10 February so we would advise completing your form promptly.
When will I find out if I have been successful in my application?
All eligible applicants will be offered a preliminary audition. The Academy Team will email you your audition time after the application closing date. All preliminary auditions will be held on Sunday 12 March. If you are applying for both the CAT and Associate programmes you will be required to attend two auditions on this date.
If successful in your preliminary audition, you will be invited to a recall audition. All recall auditions will be held on Sunday 26 March.
Submission deadline: Friday 24 February 2023
Preliminary audition date: Sunday 12 March 2023
Recall date: Sunday 26 March 2023
Frequently asked questions about applying to the Academy.Read more
Apply for an Audition
Apply for an audition to our 2023-24 Academy vocational programmes.Read more
Get in touch
Photo Emily Nuttall.