Under the guidance of Northern Ballet’s Artistic Director and Academy Director, David Nixon OBE, our classes are led by our highly experienced teaching faculty in the same state-of-the-art building in which Northern Ballet’s Company dancers train.
From tiny tots to adults, find the right class for you.
Classes at Northern Ballet offer
- Opportunities for all ages and abilities from mini movers to adult classes everyone who wants to dance can
- Inspiration from training alongside Northern Ballet dancers
- Excellence through tuition from world-class professionals
- Innovation with seven state-of-the-art studios, 200-seat studio theatre and café
- Accessibility with evening, weekend and lunchtime classes
- Balance by way of Northern Ballet's unique curriculum concentrating on healthy training and happy bodies
- Music played live in most classes
- Progression for those wanting to pursue dance as a profession including our Centre for Advanced Training Programme (CAT) and International Summer School
To access any of the Academy of Northern Ballet classes please complete an online registration form with a £5 registration fee which entitles you to register for as many classes as you wish throughout the year. Spaces in all classes are issued on a first come first served basis.
Contact the Academy below or call 0113 220 8000.
Photo Kathie Tiffany.